We are an out of network provider. Which means you can use your out of network benefits from your insurance company from virtually any insurance provider. We will provide you with a receipt to submit to your insurance for reimbursement upon request.
You may be eligible for partial or full reimbursement.
* If you have a high deductible insurance plan, you will be paying for services out of pocket even through an in-network provider.
*We cannot accommodate Medicaid and Medicare at this time unless you have private benefits as well.
If you need guidance submitting a receipt to your insurance, we would be glad to walk you through the initial steps. It is actually a very common practice among mental health professionals.
*You need to check with your insurance company to see what your out-of-pocket yearly deductible will be for out of network behavioral/mental health services.
Information you need to know if you are considering using your health insurance to pay for counseling and reasons, we do not accept insurance as an in-network provider:
* Before your claim will be covered, insurance companies require that you be given a "mental health diagnosis", that may remain on your medical record indefinitely. There have been occasions when a clinical diagnosis to your insurance has resulted in persons experiencing difficulty in obtaining life, medical or disability insurance.
* The insurance company will have access to (all) sensitive information shared (i.e. sexual history and drug use). If confidentiality is important to you, it may be compromised by using your insurance.
* The insurance company has control over how often, how long, and even IF you may see a (particular) therapist, independent of using your insurance benefits.
* Marriage or relationship counseling is typically not covered by insurance.
Missed Appointments - Clients are expected to provide a 24-hour notice if they need to cancel/reschedule; otherwise they will be charged $50 for no-shows or short notice cancellations/rescheduling.